SenseCAP Deployed in Environmental Monitoring Projects in Stockholm, Sweden
This is a global leading company that designs and manufactures outdoor power products such as chainsaws, trimmers, garden tractors, and mowers, etc. In the company’s 300+ years’ journey of inventing and innovating, they have always embraced emerging technologies in creating great product experience for their customers.
Because most of their products are used in parks, gardens, forests and other environments where humans interact with nature, the company strives to explore methods to reduce its products’ impact on the environment and to enhance the ability of its products to positively affect people’s lives and the environment. Apart from adopting new battery technologies and renewable energy sources, they also apply IoT technology in monitoring the environmental data to provide insights for guiding corporate operations as well as providing better services to customers.
We are very happy that our partner applies SenseCAP industrial wireless IoT products including LoRa gateways and sensors in their pilot projects of environmental monitoring. Currently, two sets of IoT devices have been deployed in the industrial park and a public park respectively in Stockholm, Sweden, to collect the following environmental data:
- Barometric Pressure
- Light Intensity
- Air Temperature
- Air Humidity
The data are collected and monitored with the following IoT sensors and gateways.
- SenseCAP Wireless CO2 Sensor – LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP Wireless Barometric Pressure Sensor LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP Wireless Light Intensity Sensor LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP Wireless Air Temperature and Humidity Sensor LoRaWAN
- SenseCAP LoRaWAN Gateway
Our partner is very satisfied with the stable and precise data collected in these IoT applications. They envision to have data-driven solutions for their daily operations at workplaces to integrate sustainability across the company. And at the same time, with data collected at the public park and other environments where their products are used, they can provide suggestions and better services to their customers for collectively building a better living environment.
We are looking forward to cooperating more closely in the future to empower businesses to create great experience and services to their customers and at the same time create a more pleasant environment for all.
This project also contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals.
What is SenseCAP?
SenseCAP is a series of industrial IoT products. Its LoRaWAN version is based on LoRaWAN protocol and deployable worldwide with multiple ISM bands. SenseCAP is encapsulated in an IP66 enclosure, making it applicable in outdoor remote sensing scenarios such as Smart Farming, Smart City, and other IoT applications that need low-power, long-distance and long-term data collection.
SenseCAP will be available for purchase soon. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment here, email us (iot[at]seeed[dot].cc), or join the discussion at Seeed Forum.
Other User Cases
- SenseCAP Deployed in Outdoor Triticale Farm, Empowering Precision Agriculture in Dingzhou, Hebei Province, Northern China
- Smart Agriculture Demonstration Park of Sweet Melons Empowered by SenseCAP in Beihai Guangxi, Southern China
- SenseCAP Empowers Agriculture & Tourism in Hakka Villages by Collecting Environmental Data at in Heyuan, Guangdong, Southern China
- SenseCAP Monitoring Environmental Data in Smart Greenhouses Growing Tropical Fruits in Shandong, Northern China.
- Smart Tea Plantation in Mengding Mountain to Monitor Key Environmental Data with SenseCAP for Increasing Efficiency and Customer Trust